Last update: May 2018
This Policy on cookies applies to all users of the Computerblog.ro website. The information presented below aims to inform the users of this website about the placement, use and administration of cookies by the administrators of Computerblog.ro in the context of browsing users on this website.
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed at the request of a web server to a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies have a determined lifespan, remaining “passive”, in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user on whose equipment they were installed.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with that web server.
Examples of cookies: from Google Analytics, from Google Ads, from other advertising services. The theme can set cookies to authenticate a user and provide the custom interface.
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each individual, namely to:
– improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur during its visit / use by users;
providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used to the administrator of Computerblog.ro, as the owner of this website;
– anticipation of any goods that will be made available to users in the future through this website, depending on the services / products accessed.
Based on the feedback sent through cookies in connection with the use of this website, the administrator of Computerblog.ro may take measures to make this website more efficient and more accessible to users.
– the language in which a website is viewed;
– the currency in which certain prices or tariffs are expressed;
– facilitating access to users’ accounts;
– posting comments on the site.
4. What is the lifetime of cookies?
The lifetime of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifespan:
– Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes their browser.
– Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days or several years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time via the browser settings.
5. What are cookies placed by others?
Certain sections of content on the website may be provided through third parties, ie not by the administrator of Computerblog.ro, in which case these cookies are called cookies placed by third parties (“third party cookies”). .
These cookies may come from the following third parties: Google Analytics, Facebook, various online stores.
6. What cookies are used?
a. Website performance cookies;
b. User analysis cookies;
c. Geotargetting cookies;
d. Registration cookies;
e. Cookies for advertising;
f. Cookies of advertising providers;
a. Performance cookies
This type of cookie stores the user’s preferences for this website, so resetting the preferences when you visit the website is no longer necessary.
b. Use analysis cookies